People love to relax at the spa! You can go and have a facial, a massage and in some cases even a haircut. A trip to the spa helps to melt away stress and helps our overall well-being. Taking your pet to the local pet groomer, or having your favorite mobile pet groomer come to you has the same great effect on your pet. Choosing a groomer takes the same careful selection as choosing your own massage therapist or stylist. The following are a few aspects of the pet grooming business to consider when choosing the best option for your pet.
1. Gather a few recommendations from other pet owners with similar breeds, or from your veterinarian or from your local animal rescue. After acquiring this trusted information you can call or visit the groomers and ask questions about their practice. You can also review businesses on websites such as Yelp! and Google which are valuable gems for information on local businesses. You can read about other pet owners and their dog grooming or cat grooming experiences and decide which business sounds the best to you and then give them a call!
2. How long has the grooming business been in practice? How experienced are the pet groomers?
3. Are the grooming facilities clean? Mobile pet grooming businesses should have clean and well equipped trucks or grooming vans and they will come to your home, work or hotel. For busy people who want the best for their animals, a mobile groomer is a great solution! A dirty grooming van with unclean baths can cause many animal skin problems like flees from previous dogs, skin infection or fungi. The pet owner should ask to see the van and ask about the dog grooming companies cleaning routine.
4. Does the pet groomer work to establish a relationship with your dog or cat? Grooming is an important part of dog’s life it should be an enjoyable time for him or her. Some dogs are naturally nervous, and unfortunately some of them have had a bad grooming experience. The pet owner should read his dog’s body language during the grooming appointment. If the dog is happy to see the groomer, you know that your pup was treated with the love and respect that he or she deserves.
5. If you just got a new puppy and it is time to find a groomer, it is particularly important to find the right one. Imagine how long a person searches for the right pediatrician for their baby! As a pet owner, you want to make sure that your puppy has a great first grooming visit to ensure his or her love for all future visits. While looking for the perfect professional dog groomer, ask how the pet groomer will introduce the grooming process to the puppy. The first time for a puppy is critical and he or she will remember it forever. Eventually, all puppies become older dogs and changes come with age. Many older dogs have hip and joint problems or are ill. The pet owner should ask to check on his pet while he or she is being groomed to make sure the dog isn’t stressed. Older dogs should be groomed with the same special love and care as a puppy. Pets in their senior years can be groomed while they are seated or lying down to ensure their comfort. Whatever the age of your dog, the groomer should take care to ensure that your pet is having the best grooming experience possible. Not all dogs are the same, and they should all be groomed in the best way to fit their health and personality.
6. What types of shampoo and products are used during the grooming process? There are many benefits to using natural pet products for dog grooming and dog washing. By utilizing aromatherapy and therapeutic oils during their grooming services, groomers can help relax and sooth your pet. You can also ask if the grooming company use eco-friendly and cruelty free products.
7. Does the pet groomer offer health alerts? Although this isn’t a requirement, over time your groomer will become accustomed to your dog’s body and will recognize changes such as tooth and gum problems, ear or skin infections or tumors. Sometimes those early detections can make a huge difference in the health and well-being of your pet.
8. Is the groomer involved in any other aspects of the animal community? Some pet groomers have a sincere love for animals, which makes the best groomers stand out from the rest. Some groomers are actively involved in pet rescues and fostering animals. Does the groomer have any pets of their own? Great professional groomers with pets can be trusted to take care of yours.
When choosing your pet groomer, make the best choice for your pet. Your pet loves you and trusts you to always do what is best for him or her. A trip to the pet groomer should be fun and relaxing and with the right groomer, it will be a great experience for your pet!